Saturday, June 13, 2015

A New Friend

Octogenerian......
A label some might dislike
But I think it a title with pride

With reference to a history,
Many splendid tales to tell,
Exotic places visited
A life lived well.

To make it so far,
you must be so strong
Maybe made some mistakes,
but always moved on.

You are alive, with electric eyes.
Hazel? Green?  Blue? Wide awake,
beautiful electric eyes
that have seen so much.

Many of this age
wears scars of proof.
I don't see any on you,
maybe not today.

Today there is a bright
cheerful attitude,
loving the sky, loving life.
A humor, and a wide smile.

Though we just met recently,
please know that you
have had an affect on me.
Your smile, your wit, your outlook.

I think of it when my days are hard.
When I feel I'm losing my youth,
Wishing I was someone else.
I will still be me, just smiling, like you.  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment